Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Tuesday

Matthew was a little more responsive today.  He was able to tell the nurses he didn't like his sponge bath.  He also asked my mom, "What happened?"  He has been kind of agitated and keeps trying to get up out of bed.   Where he will finish his days is unclear.  The local hospitals do not accept hospice transfers.  MDA does not have inpatient hospice....this was a miscommunication/misunderstanding.  It is unclear whether we could keep him comfortable at home since he can't swallow.  I will share more as I know more.

I found this today, and thought I would share.....

As your time together draws to a close, remember that even though there is great sadness and difficulty in loss, you’re giving your loved one a great gift by accompanying him or her on such an important journey. 

3 comments:

  1. I found something very similar before I came up to spend time with Anne when she was on hospice. It helped me to accept the situation. I am so sorry you are all having to go through this Kate. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate, please call me 9796659774. -rachael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate, my name is Marti Goodin. Matthew and I have been friends for many years. He even gave my daughter a violin when she started playing in middle school. I would like to come see him but Rachael didn't know his room number. My telephone number is 281 935 3962. I would like to come see him this week before Rachael comes. I owe him. Could you please text or call me with the info? I love him very much and I owe him an explanation as to why I've been off grid. I need to look him in his eyes and tell him he's never been far from my heart or thoughts. And maybe just sit with him and hold his hand for a while. If this is acceptable, please let me know. And if anything happens you can call me day or night. I only live in league city. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete