Friday, June 10, 2011

What's the address for that website?

I had a brief talk with Matthew today.  I asked how he was feeling.  He said his mobility was improved, but he still had lots of "tender spots."  He has been out walking, but is disappointed in himself because he can only walk about two blocks before getting tired.  I assured him that recovery from surgery is long and it takes a while to recover.  It has only been 3 weeks.  Also, they have tried to add flaxseed oil to his diet.  He says it is awful, and that it tastes like furniture polish.

Apparently, my Dad has torn up the carpet in one of his bedrooms.  He and Matthew have been working on pulling up the carpet tack strip.  The floors underneath were hardwood, and they have been rubbing them with tung oil to help restore them.

As the conversation was ending, he asked me about the blog.  He asked me about the address, and then asked about the name....apparently he didn't know that Haluska meant noodle (technically pasta pieces). He knows that I have been writing the blog to keep people informed to minimize repeated phone calls and emails.  We also got the OK on sharing stories about him.  But, I hope he is pleased with what I have written so far.

1 comment:

  1. As a friend of Matt's I am so thankful I can check this everyday to find out his situation. One more week I am done with College for 3 weeks. I start back July 11. If there anything I can do to assist, help with his House cleaning or repairs. Just let me know. I've cleaned his house before, and I am able to do many repairs!

    Molly

    ReplyDelete