Monday, June 13, 2011

Is it Friday yet?

We are all waiting for Friday (Appointment Day).  Dad is still working on rewiring the house.  Apparently, the house was very poorly wired to begin with, and then it had developed more problems.  It is slow going because he is working in the early morning and evening to avoid the heat. 

Since I don't have too much new to share.  I will share the fact that I have spoken with my doctor, and since Matthew is younger than me, they have done a referral to a doctor so that I can have a colonoscopy.  My doctor said the usual rule of thumb is to start screening/testing 5-10 years before the youngest person in your family was diagnosed.  This goes for pretty much any type of cancer.  I encourage anybody that is putting off any kind of screening to get it done---just do it, and get it over with.  They may not be pleasant, and they can be scary, but early detection is so much better than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment