Friday, March 21, 2014

Friday


It is late, Jennifer and I drove in this evening, so everyone is here to sit vigil with Matthew.   The end is near.

Matthew is amazing.  He has still been up moving around.  He waved goodbye to some friends, who were visiting, and he responded to me when I asked some questions, and showed him some pictures.  He sat up in the bed, walked to the bathroom, and has actually been up and down the stairs today.  This should not be possible for him.  

If I haven't mentioned it lately, our mother is amazing.  She has been a devoted tireless and selfless caretaker.  We couldn't ask for more.












Amelia randomly found this in the house and brought it to Matthew.  I took it and moved it later, and she picked up again and brought it back.  She was insistent that he should have it.









You all have shown our family so much love.  It helps.  Every little bit helps.


5 comments:

  1. I have no words but know that I am praying for all of you ..............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Katie, I hate hate hate that you're in the position of having to put these words to paper. I'm amazed at your family's strength and solidarity, and Matthew's strength to face this in the way he has chosen, on HIS terms. God bless you all. Prayers are constantly with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hugs and thoughts from across the miles... kcby

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't even know what to say but I'm sorry. He is blessed to have you as a sister as well. Prayers from our family to yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you to you and your family for letting my husband and I visit with Mathew. He was always such a great friend and easy to talk with. Conversations were never boring with Matt. I am amazed that he was still talking and moving around tonight. He is definitely making sure he does this on his terms. He will truly be missed. We are praying for Matt and your family. If there is anything you need please let me know.

    ReplyDelete