Thursday, March 27, 2014

Dear Matthew

Dear Matthew,

This morning, around 9:30, you left us.  We are going to miss you so much.  I know that you did so many things in this life to try to protect us from hurt.  This hurts, but we will be OK.  Thank you for allowing us to share this journey with you.

This life wasn't the easiest for you.  You faced many adversities, and your day-to-day as an adult was anything but easy or comfortable.  Yet, you did it, and then you did more to help others.  We knew that, but it was only through this journey, that we were able to see and share just HOW MANY people you made an impact on in this life.

  I have faith that we will see you again.  Until then, we will carry your memories with us as an inspiration and a reminder that we are here to help each other.


Love Always,
All of Us

**************************************************************

Thank you to all of his friends and our extended family.  Arrangements will be posted when they are finalized. 

11 comments:

  1. Kate, we are so sorry for your loss. The Haluska family will continue to be in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate,
    Our deepest sympathies. Prayers from all of the Nesbits.

    Lance

    ReplyDelete
  3. RIP Matthew. Hugs and prayers to the family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so sorry for the great loss. Thoughts and prayers are with you and the whole family. Sincerely, Leslie Baker Sterzinger

    ReplyDelete
  5. For the short time that I knew Matt, he was a good friend and a good person. I knew him to be creative and hardworking and still a humble guy. My deepest condolences to the family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Haluska is and will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. May God grant you peace! Clint Smith

    ReplyDelete
  7. Emily + Haluska family, Matthew was so lucky to have you as a family. I know he felt love and support until the end. You all are in my thoughts and prayers. -Lori Young

    ReplyDelete
  8. He was such a fantastic and unique individual. I always looked forward to seeing him at Hastings and having our 2-3 hour chats. He was so willing to engage my friends, people whom he'd never met before, and bring them into the discussion. I don't think they expected this rough, tough looking character clad in a leather jacket to be so clever and friendly. My thoughts are with you Haluska's, I'll forever have fond memories of Matt and that mischievous grin. - Hunter Robinson

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have our sincerest prayers - the McCrearys

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just heard the news on FB. So sorry to hear of Matthews passing. I got to know Matthew and the Haluska family years ago when Matthew was in my Cub Scout Den and his dad was the Pack Leader. Matthew was always clever and had that mischievious grin and look in his eyes. He was always thinking of pranks to pull on his fellow cub scouts. At one campout it was raining and I remember seeing that glimmer in his eyes as he was waiting up for everyone to go to sleep. I asked him what he was up to and he said he was going to spray Off on the tents which would take away the water repellancy. I didn't know if it was true or not but told him he better not!! The wheels were always turning ... My thoughts and prayers are with you all. Barbara Marin (you know me as Barbara Hammond, mother of Neil Hammond)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Here it is four months later and I am rereading comments. Please know that each comment, letter, picture, story, prayer, hug, flower, meal, or mass was deeply appreciated. I am still overwhelmed by the immense response to blogs, viewing, and service for my son. I will remember each of you with thankfulness that you were a part of his life.
    Amanda Haluska

    ReplyDelete