Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Little Platelets that Can?

  So the news this week wasn't good. Matthew went last week for a platelet count.  Following what has been the normal pattern, Matthew's platelets were low (59).  So, they put him on a steroid pack, which has also been the normal pattern.  However, this week, when he went back for another count, his platelets had actually dropped to 55.  This could possibly be because he has an infection from an ingrown toenail.  He is currently taking antibiotics for this infection.  They gave him a shot to help boost his platelets, and he is expected to receive another shot next week.  His platelets haven't given up yet, but they aren't making it up that hill.  Those little platelets could sure use all the cheers they can get.


I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can, I think I can...

2 comments:

  1. Matthew actually had a shot of neupogen on Wed., Thurs., and has one scheduled for tomorrow.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Matt,
    We're still praying for you. My Birthday wish is that you make it back to 100% by your next Birthday. (Yes, I know that's in Oct.)

    Cheers,
    Chris & Bonnie

    ReplyDelete