Wednesday, June 22, 2011

More Details

I have several tidbits to share today.

Matthew's appointments have been changed.  He will get his port put in tomorrow, and chemo will officially start on Monday, June 27th.  My understanding is he will be doing a 2 drug combo.  One that he will receive in the office, and a 2nd that he will receive via pump over a 3 day period. He will repeat this cycle once every two weeks. Day one of the three-day cycle is supposed to be the worst.  However, they say that these drugs are not harsh, and that they don't even expect him to lose his hair.  Everybody's body can react differently.

As most of you know, colon cancer is very rare in somebody Matthew's age.  The doctor said that there is a 70% chance that Matthew's cancer has a genetic factor.  Therefore, the rest of us are encouraged to be screened.  I had my first colonoscopy on Tuesday, and while it was not pleasant, it is done. (Honestly, the procedure itself wasn't bad since I slept through the whole thing...the prep is what is miserable). I am very happy to share that there were no concerns, and that I don't have to go back for another one for 5 years. 

Thanks to all that have given recommendations for AC companies.  Dad has gotten a couple more quotes and is making progress on those fronts. 

For those that do not know, my parents have decided to relocate to the Lake Jackson area for the next year.  Next Tuesday, my Dad will be flying up to New Jersey to drive back with Mom, Grandma Grace, Isaac, and a trailer.  The kids and I will be going down to help Matthew for a week or so until they make it back. 

No comments:

Post a Comment