Sunday, June 26, 2011

Art Therapy

Chemo starts tomorrow, so for today, please pray that Matthew's body handles it as well as possible.  He is more nervous about the chemo than anything else.  I will update to let everybody know how it goes.  

For today,  I will share this story and pictures that came via my Dad.  For those of you that don't know, Matthew took painting lessons when he was younger, was a pretty good at acrylics, and enjoyed it. 
 

Before

Matthew has an extremely weather-faded plaster gnome that he uses as a door stop. I came across a pile of bottles of his acrylic paints in the garage today. Surprisingly they were still good (they are at least ten years old). So I had him repaint the gnome. Thus, his “art therapy”. Actually, he really did enjoy it despite his grousing. I know because he wanted me to take before and after pictures for the blog.

All Done

2 comments:

  1. Wow! I'm very impressed. I had no idea Matthew had an "artsy" side. Prayers are going up today that chemo goes smoothly for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All those years of painting Battletech minis in high school finally paid off! :) Matt and Jeff once tried to teach me how to draw an airplane and I never got the hang of it. I'm glad to see him making the world a "brighter" place. Matt we love you and you're in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete